Is it worth it?

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out whether or not it’s worth me giving everything my all to try and get the life that I want. My dad says that I can get such a life if I try really hard and overcome the barriers like anxiety and ocd. My mum says it’s not worth the mass amount of pressure it’s going to cause me. I’m confused about it and don’t know what to do.

Currently I’m at home, where I’ve been all my life. I’m 23 and have never had a job yet, I did look a few years back but no one hired me. I’ve never had a girlfriend. I rarely go out and despite driving sometimes with my sister I don’t hold a license.

The life I want is one as a husband and father, someone who works and can drive as well. On the grand scheme of things these aren’t that difficult for most people but for someone with Autism like me and you it’s about the hardest thing I can think of doing. I do want to make these things happen but at the same time I know it’s years of work. I don't cope with stress and I have little problems with the autism which make things extra difficult, ADHD, emetophobia and anxiety disorder. My ocd and anxiety aren’t in a good place and in the past the gp has been less than helpful. I feel like I’m on my own and only I can turn my life around but I have no idea how to do it, or if I can withstand the pressure.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Goose.

Parents
  • I guess there are things where you don't have a choice. You need take a step in some direction sooner or later.

I had anxiety issue all my life and had to learn things like meditation and concentration in order to find meaning in my conduct. It can be overwhelming, but you need rely on general (or ancient if you like) health practises, not just on a diagnosis, which serves you what but to get the right treatment ? 

Let's pretend we are not alone.

• I guess there are things where you don't have a choice. You need take a step in some direction sooner or later.

I had anxiety issue all my life and had to learn things like meditation and concentration in order to find meaning in my conduct. It can be overwhelming, but you need rely on general (or ancient if you like) health practises, not just on a diagnosis, which serves you what but to get the right treatment ? 

Let's pretend we are not alone.

Children
No Data