Hello

Hello :) 

• Hi and welcome, Luna :)! Very sorry to hear what you're dealing with in your life right now. Anxiety has always been the dominant emotion in autism, and considering what's happening in your home now, it's got to be one of the hardest times in your life. I'm going through similar at the moment, but am on an anti-depressant which does seem to be helping a bit. I know what I need to be doing to manage the anxiety ... eg throwing myself full swing into my interests/hobbies, losing myself in them in order to cope, tightening the routine, so I can function on auto-pilot a bit more, rather than allowing the anxiety to take over. It's hard to function on a daily basis when so much feels like it's out of your control. Reading, taking my mind off to another place, trying to, but unsuccessfully at the moment, trying to get myself up and "doing" ... but it's so hard when your body feels like it's in cement. Every movement can feel like quicksand is trying to pull you under. I hope you can find some outlets, if only for an hour a day, maybe exercise if you can, to help yourself cope.

• Well I love horses and riding. I've been doing that since I was a child and I love every second of it, it also helps to control my anxiety which phases in severity. Anxiety is my biggest problem and it's starting to wreck my day to day life.

I'm also having to prepare myself for a death in the family which is causing anxiety and worry and a horrible atmosphere in the house. But I'm grateful for every extra second.

• Hi Luna .. tell us about yourself .. I'm pretty new here and I've gained massively from simply telling my story and hearing about others .. Remember: you're not on your own in all this x