Off to a terrible start

Hard to know what to say, as I have already upset someone on this forum. But I am new here. I have recently been diagnosed and was hoping to come here because I also have mental health issues: feeling low, low self-esteem and big problems communicating with people. I think at least some of these are related to my poor social skills and life long inability to fit in.

I have 2 children and a husband. I know that I have much to be thankful for. But sometimes I feel so alone. 

• I have read an old book called "Games People Play". I don't personally find that self help books work that well on me because i can't adopt the book's situations into my own. So this book is going back a step into the theory of transactional analysis, to help me understand what can go wrong in an interaction. The idea is that the self-help shall come from within me anyway, based on better understanding.

• Hi there. I am reading "The Happiness Trap" which has been recommended to me to help my mood and also "Living Well on the Spectrum". Can anyone point to me a book they would recommend or is there a place on the Site here with recommendations for reading. One to deal with self-esteem or communication skills would be especially something I would be especially looking for.

• This sounds really scary - hope you're doing okay.

• Glad Tidings to Both Plectrum & Mouse2. You might want to start a new Thread detailing Your Troubles, there. This might alert NAS (actually Mr. "WebPM") about it and sometimes they will do something about it.

I cannot really start a new Thread for You just now, since I am not using an Android Tablet and so cannot comment... Thank You for the warning, though (!). Also however, PMs (private messages) are one of those things which, just like Notifications, are a thing that works sometimes and sometimes not upon this Forum. (There are quite a few Threads complaining about it when it happens.)

...Finally, While I am here... About the Main Topic of this Thread...Near My own start, I wrote a bad comment and nearly got thrown off this forum; but as others say, do observe & learn from it, and do not get too down about it. I must last try to say however -- Please Use The 'Vote Up' more, People, please!

• Oh I'm on android too! That maybe where my problem lies. Sometimes I cant sign in for days either

• we learn from our mistakes

• I'm sorry about what I posted, I was in a very upset state. I hope you enjoy the forum.

• There may as well not be. On an android its white text on a white background covered by a grey box and doesn't resize, so nothing is visible. And if you tick to get it by email, guess what, no email. I've ticked all boxes. 

• I'm low atm due to my other post and being a witness to a gun thing involving police etc in the road. Im sure the quarantine is bringing out the worst in people. Their going out looking for trouble (sorry off on a tangent) but hi and welcome  hopefully chat with you once I'm less brain tired :)

• I didnt realise there was personal messaging lol that's how awful I am at technology

• Mi, Mrs Snooks - welcome to the forum. I agree with Plectrum's comment; communication can be tricky for us, so please try not to be too hard on yourself. I hope you find the forum helpful (for the most part, it is full of friendly people) Slight smile

• Hello

please take heart - I like your contributions and your positive attitude. We all have problems communicating in some way or other, otherwise we wouldn't have been diagnosed.  And when people are already down and upset (note: already), sometimes there will be a reaction triggered that was not the one we expected, that is probably a projection of their own internal misery. 

I saw a horrible argument between 2 members on the first day I joined the forum and I thought "yikes! I hope they don't come after me!"  but it calmed down and I haven't seen those users again. 

I am not very good at maintaining friendships (and I can't use the personal messaging on this forum as it doesn't work on my android phone) but I would like to be your friend in some distant way.