Hi from the UK

Hi - Looking forward to meeting other like-minded people here. I love being active, travel, especially exploring nature here in the UK. Love adventures in nature, and helping and supporting others wherever and whenever I can. I’m not originally from the UK, but love living here and visiting places like Wales, Yorkshire, Cornwall etc. Love swimming and exercise in general. Am planning to do alot of cycling in the warmer months here, something I haven’t done in some time. Good to be here and hope you’re all doing alright. 

Parents
  • Welcome :) You should spend time in Hampshire - parts of it are really nice. Any time you want a chat - just send me a message :) Always happy to do so. 

• Thanks. That’s very kind :). I will keep Hampshire in mind, as I don’t think it’s too far from me, and I cannot wait to start driving to the coast again, now that the lockdown here is easing enough to let me explore within England some more. 

• The coast is nice - I used to live in Bournemouth which is quite nice. Weymouth I’d recommend too - both in Dorset. What I like about Hampshire though is it’s got the perfect balance - plenty of countryside but also plenty of cities/ town and lots of smaller towns of villages too. Equally there’s coastal locations or in land countryside - it’s nice here :) Also I see you live history :) me too! 19th century Britain is my main area of interest 

• I just think Harry Ramsdens is overpriced and of mediocre quality - I think their location in Bournemouth allows them to rip off tourists. I went on holiday to Camber Sands once as a kid. I think going to places like that in this current phase of lockdown is okay so long as you are able to comply with the social distancing rules. I am fortunate that I live in a really nice little town, so  there is plenty of nature and countryside all around me. I love taking walks near me fortunately. This said I’m looking forward to getting out and about a bit more. 

• I couldn’t agree more ... sometimes I wish I’d been born in the 40s or 50s! Sounds like you’re not a fan of Harry Ramsdens :)! No, I didn’t go to Harry’s, but I did find a small family run fish and chip shop. This was a few years ago now. I so wanted to drive to Camber Sands today, now that the lockdown’s been eased here, just to sit in the car and have a little picnic while looking out at the seaview. I stopped myself though, as I heard on the news, that they don’t want people visiting touristy spots. It will be so nice when it’s okay to explore again and feel the sand between my toes :). Hope you’re doing ok, Anthony. Having a dog is keeping me sane, being able to take him for walks nearby.

• I couldn’t agree more ... sometimes I wish I’d been born in the 40s or 50s! Sounds like you’re not a fan of Harry Ramsdens :)! No, I didn’t go to Harry’s, but I did find a small family run fish and chip shop. This was a few years ago now. I so wanted to drive to Camber Sands today, now that the lockdown’s been eased here, just to sit in the car and have a little picnic while looking out at the seaview. I stopped myself though, as I heard on the news, that they don’t want people visiting touristy spots. It will be so nice when it’s okay to explore again and feel the sand between my toes :). Hope you’re doing ok, Anthony. Having a dog is keeping me sane, being able to take him for walks nearby.

Children
  • I just think Harry Ramsdens is overpriced and of mediocre quality - I think their location in Bournemouth allows them to rip off tourists. I went on holiday to Camber Sands once as a kid. I think going to places like that in this current phase of lockdown is okay so long as you are able to comply with the social distancing rules. I am fortunate that I live in a really nice little town, so  there is plenty of nature and countryside all around me. I love taking walks near me fortunately. This said I’m looking forward to getting out and about a bit more.