Hi - Recently diagnosed and wanting to chat with others with ASD.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with ASD (Asperger's) in January this year and am struggling to process what this means and how it has impacted my life to date. Having masked until the ripe old age of 32, I feel that there is so much my neurotypical friends and family don't understand. I would love to chat about life with ASD, aspirations and self-esteem amongst other things.

I look forward to getting to know you... and so does my dog (and special interest) Princess.

Parents
  • Hi Millie

ive just been diagnosed too and in my forties. It really explains a lot . I would love to chat and get to know people on this forum too

• Hi NAS66811,

I hope you're well and enjoying the sunshine despite the lockdown.

For me the diagnosis also explains a lot, but that doesn't neccesarily make it easy to swallow. I guess, I want to be me, but I also want to 'fit in' and that seems to require being 'normal' or 'NT'. I just feel like my friends and family don't really know or understand me. How do you feel?

On the plus side, I have been able to identify my strengths, to recognise how much hardwork and determination it has taken to get me where I am and to be able to be true to myself and build a manageable and fulfilling life; it is early days though.

What sort of things interest you? I like cooking and baking, lego, writing, walking, spending time with my dog and exercise including squash and badminton.

How are you finding lockdown? I don't mind to much occupying my own time and the dog keeps me company, but I miss my routine and feel anxious regarding the unknowns and not being in control.

Anyway, time for a dog walk.

Take care, stay safe and keep in touch. It would be good to get to know you better!!!

Camilla 

• Hi NAS66811,

I hope you're well and enjoying the sunshine despite the lockdown.

For me the diagnosis also explains a lot, but that doesn't neccesarily make it easy to swallow. I guess, I want to be me, but I also want to 'fit in' and that seems to require being 'normal' or 'NT'. I just feel like my friends and family don't really know or understand me. How do you feel?

On the plus side, I have been able to identify my strengths, to recognise how much hardwork and determination it has taken to get me where I am and to be able to be true to myself and build a manageable and fulfilling life; it is early days though.

What sort of things interest you? I like cooking and baking, lego, writing, walking, spending time with my dog and exercise including squash and badminton.

How are you finding lockdown? I don't mind to much occupying my own time and the dog keeps me company, but I miss my routine and feel anxious regarding the unknowns and not being in control.

Anyway, time for a dog walk.

Take care, stay safe and keep in touch. It would be good to get to know you better!!!

Camilla 

Children
No Data