Hi, I’m new and only just diagnosed

Hi,

I have just been diagnosed with Autism at the age of 29. I have special interests in hamster genetics, Pokemon and Harry Potter. I’m still in shock from the diagnosis but it hasn’t yet been 24 hours since I was told the outcome of my assessment. I’m just now questioning what that now means for me, like what do I do to access support or help now I have a diagnosis. I have struggled to get a job my entire adult life as everything I am qualified for I struggle doing practically as it involves communication with others and a lot of small talk. I can do the theory behind it all but I can’t put it into practice. I was given the diagnosis at the end of the assessment as I ticked nearly every marker on their diagnostic test, there was only a couple that I didn’t tick. My parents are in denial so I can’t talk to them about it and I don’t know where to turn. The psychologist suggested the National Autistic Society as a starting point to look up information and she is going to send me some information to signpost me to other places when she sends out the official report.  

Parents
  • welcome Pinkpixie

anyone interested in Hamster Genetics should be working in science somewhere :)

I watch Youtube videos on Malamutes and dream. My wife won't allow them. I stuck with my annoying Shitz Tsu !

• I’m thinking of going back to university to do applied biology but I’m a bit apprehensive as I don’t know what support would be available. 
    I love any big dogs, I find malamutes fascinating especially how they were brought back from the last 12 existing at the end of the war 

• I’m thinking of going back to university to do applied biology but I’m a bit apprehensive as I don’t know what support would be available. 
    I love any big dogs, I find malamutes fascinating especially how they were brought back from the last 12 existing at the end of the war 

Children
No Data