Middle aged, recently diagnosed, and new to this community forum.

Hi, I'm Steve, I was diagnosed with MTS(Tourette's) in 2012, and then ADHD and Asperger's in September 2018.

I'm a geeky 45 year old misfit that's into coding and electronics.

Parents
  • Welcome to the forum, from a fellow geeky coder and one-time electronics hobbyist (though it's been a while now since I burned my fingers on a soldering iron!)

Pretty similar in other ways too - I was diagnosed with ASD (basically Asperger's aside from the new naming system) with inattentive ADD traits a few years back, at about the same age as you were. A few others here aren't a million miles from that description, either - and it's rather nice to be able to talk about such pet subjects without the usual blank stares!

Lastly, a quick heads up - the moderators can be a bit strict about real names and the like being used on the forum. Entirely your choice, as far as I'm concerned, but don't be surprised if you get a tap on the shoulder (IIRC, display names can be changed any time without having to make a new account).

• Hello fellow geek. I was originally assigned a username as NAS with a number after it, it seems that it's not possible for me to change my name again since I set it.

• Oh well, not to worry - like I say, so long as folks are making an informed choice, I don't see the problem myself (anyone who knows me even casually would pick me out at a glance). As a coder geek, you'll get pretty used to exasperation at the flakey forum software after a while! Laughing

• Hello too, chameleon, great profile name. Welcome to the forum!

You're right, the profile name can be changed, as opposed to the user name you log on with, which can't. 

• To be clearer, click the lines in the top right hand corner, and then the icon on the right showing a person’s head and shoulders 

• You can change it - by clicking on the avatar icon in the top right hand corner of the community forum. Then click on profile, and in the box where your name appears, you delete what’s there and type whatever you want. 
    I just joined today, and managed to work that out Relaxed

• You can change it - by clicking on the avatar icon in the top right hand corner of the community forum. Then click on profile, and in the box where your name appears, you delete what’s there and type whatever you want. 
    I just joined today, and managed to work that out Relaxed

Children