Middle aged, recently diagnosed, and new to this community forum.

Hi, I'm Steve, I was diagnosed with MTS(Tourette's) in 2012, and then ADHD and Asperger's in September 2018.

I'm a geeky 45 year old misfit that's into coding and electronics.

Parents
  • Welcome to the forum, from a fellow geeky coder and one-time electronics hobbyist (though it's been a while now since I burned my fingers on a soldering iron!)

Pretty similar in other ways too - I was diagnosed with ASD (basically Asperger's aside from the new naming system) with inattentive ADD traits a few years back, at about the same age as you were. A few others here aren't a million miles from that description, either - and it's rather nice to be able to talk about such pet subjects without the usual blank stares!

Lastly, a quick heads up - the moderators can be a bit strict about real names and the like being used on the forum. Entirely your choice, as far as I'm concerned, but don't be surprised if you get a tap on the shoulder (IIRC, display names can be changed any time without having to make a new account).

• Welcome to the forum, from a fellow geeky coder and one-time electronics hobbyist (though it's been a while now since I burned my fingers on a soldering iron!)

Pretty similar in other ways too - I was diagnosed with ASD (basically Asperger's aside from the new naming system) with inattentive ADD traits a few years back, at about the same age as you were. A few others here aren't a million miles from that description, either - and it's rather nice to be able to talk about such pet subjects without the usual blank stares!

Lastly, a quick heads up - the moderators can be a bit strict about real names and the like being used on the forum. Entirely your choice, as far as I'm concerned, but don't be surprised if you get a tap on the shoulder (IIRC, display names can be changed any time without having to make a new account).

Children