New here

My 16yr old girl has just been diagnosed.

Right now im feeling angry that it has taken so long just because she is a girl.

although i have supported her and kept her going this far im wondering how i now keep supporting her and help her move forward with her life 

Parents
  • Hello, welcome! 

It took ages for me to be diagnosed as well, which was frustrating for my family and I. I'm sorry that you and your daughter have had such a long wait to get to where you are now. For some the diagnosis can be a relief while others feel more confused than ever, I did after my diagnosis. I expected it to feel like a weight off of me but it didn't. I just felt confusion.

Now that she has the diagnosis are there support groups you can reach out to? Also you may be able to get more help by seeing the GP, see what they can recommend for her.

I hope you can find something that will help you both. I'm sure there are others here who will be able to advise you better than I can.

Best of luck. Xx

• Hello, welcome! 

It took ages for me to be diagnosed as well, which was frustrating for my family and I. I'm sorry that you and your daughter have had such a long wait to get to where you are now. For some the diagnosis can be a relief while others feel more confused than ever, I did after my diagnosis. I expected it to feel like a weight off of me but it didn't. I just felt confusion.

Now that she has the diagnosis are there support groups you can reach out to? Also you may be able to get more help by seeing the GP, see what they can recommend for her.

I hope you can find something that will help you both. I'm sure there are others here who will be able to advise you better than I can.

Best of luck. Xx

Children
No Data