Newly Diagnosed Adult

Hello, I'm Katdog 

I'm 31, female and I've just been diagnosed with autism.

For me the diagnosis is a relief, because it explains a lot and now my whole life makes sense.

I've always felt different and I've never fit in anywhere. I always say it's like I'm a cat and everyone else is a dog. But no one knows I'm a cat, so I'm expected to act like a dog, and do dog things, but those things never felt right to me and it's not natural, because I'm a cat (Hence the nickname 'Katdog' ... my real name starts with a K).

So it's a relief to know that I'm not a weirdo or an alien or stupid or acting up or exaggerating... I'm autistic. I feel a lot more accepting of myself now.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Also, is this website always really slow at loading/switching pages or is that just my android devices? 

Parents
  • Hey, im 33, I was diagnosed just last month with autism, but i get what your saying. 

its a relief in a way. Yet, tragic I feel, have you felt tragedy also? 

Because If there had been a diagnosis as a kid or my mum had taken better care of me when younger maybe I could have been more accomplished or avoided trouble with the law etc. 

I could be an entirely different person you know, 

I feel like im 33 now, and going forward things look better but looking back, such waste and tragedy, suffering. What would be the best years of ones life growing up in 20s etc for some have been unstable for me. 

I dunno, you know . . . 

• Hey, im 33, I was diagnosed just last month with autism, but i get what your saying. 

its a relief in a way. Yet, tragic I feel, have you felt tragedy also? 

Because If there had been a diagnosis as a kid or my mum had taken better care of me when younger maybe I could have been more accomplished or avoided trouble with the law etc. 

I could be an entirely different person you know, 

I feel like im 33 now, and going forward things look better but looking back, such waste and tragedy, suffering. What would be the best years of ones life growing up in 20s etc for some have been unstable for me. 

I dunno, you know . . . 

Children