Hi I am new here

Hi

I am new here,  last year I went for initial assesment for AS.  I am still waiting for my further assessment, however, I felt all my life that have had AS.   I wanted to speak in the community because I have been struggle with aspects of my potential AS.  

Parents
  • NHS diagnosis appear to be a lengthy process. I'm not certain as I sought mine privately. For £450 approx I had a two or three week wait and inside an hour at the Axia diagnostic centre, i had my diagnosis.  Getting help from the NHS and other government agencies has been challenging through their ignorance but i at least have a legal diagnosis and that puts certain obligations on these government agencies via the autism strategy.

I'm just basically saying that if you feel the diagnostic process is taking too long, maybe seeking it privately may help

• NHS diagnosis appear to be a lengthy process. I'm not certain as I sought mine privately. For £450 approx I had a two or three week wait and inside an hour at the Axia diagnostic centre, i had my diagnosis.  Getting help from the NHS and other government agencies has been challenging through their ignorance but i at least have a legal diagnosis and that puts certain obligations on these government agencies via the autism strategy.

I'm just basically saying that if you feel the diagnostic process is taking too long, maybe seeking it privately may help

Children
No Data