21 Female, being pushed into joining by my pushy mother :)

Hi,

I'm getting nagged for spending too much time on You Tube and not enough time trying to make friends.

I enjoy music, going to the cinema and pop concerts and am now getting ready to enter the big wide world of work. Any advice/ social chat appreciated (will keep mum happy)

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the forum! I’m a 39 year old woman with 3 daughters (22, 5 and 2). Are you on Facebook? There are a number of ‘closed’ or ‘private’ women only Facebook groups for women with autism/Aspergers. These might be a better way for you to make friends and also find other autistic women your own age that live near you. This is how I started my social group that I run locally for autistic women, probably about half of my members came from one such group.

• Hi, Thank you for this - please can you tell  me how I would go about finding groups on Facebook? Finding some friends locally would be good - though a bit scary to begin with x

• I did a search for groups with aspergers/autism and then picked a few I thought sounded ok. Some I've styed a member of, some I haven't

Some common ones are:

aspie girl: a closed encounter

Women with Autism/Aspergers UK Support Group

British Female Aspergers/Autistic Support Circle - UK Original

Asperger's and Autism for adults UK

Aspergers UK

• Thank you I will for sure check this out Blush

Reply Children
No Data