Just to say 'Hello'

Hi!

The user name comes from the fact I feel I constantly feel like I should be apologising for saying the wrong thing...even though it was the truth...just to spare peoples feelings...when i'm not really sorry!

Im a 38yo married female, with a professional career.  

After what I now believe to be my first ever burnout or shutdown in March, I decided to seek a diagnosis to try to understand me better and hopefully for coping strategies so that never happens again.  

My assessment is Friday and I'm super stressed about it!

I'm pretty certain that anybody I told even my suspicions to would be completely shocked as I've become an absolute expert at acting normal! Even my mum was fairly dismissive...she probably just thinks I'm depressed!

The only person who knows the 'real me' (and at that only about 90% or he'd run a mile), is my husband. We've been together 23 years.  He knows I'm completely bonkers, and God knows how...but seems to love me anyway!

Anyway...just saying hi!

Parents
  • Hi! Welcome to the forum :) I hope your assessment went well.

Most people just think I'm a bit quirky, but my partner gets to see the real (bonkers) me :)

I'm waiting for my assessment and really hope I don't have to wait too much longer - it's been over a year now.

• Hi! Welcome to the forum :) I hope your assessment went well.

Most people just think I'm a bit quirky, but my partner gets to see the real (bonkers) me :)

I'm waiting for my assessment and really hope I don't have to wait too much longer - it's been over a year now.

Children
No Data