Hi!

Hi - I have recently just got on the waiting list for an autism assessment in Scotland, and am hoping that I'll be able to chat to people here while I wait for my appointment. Does anyone have any advice for what to do while they wait to be assessed - waiting has never been my strength! I'm currently looking at about a year...

I'm a 26 year old female, and it was only in the last year that the psychologist  I was seeing for anxiety mentioned that she thought I could be on the spectrum. All I can say is it makes so much sense to me, and I've definitely found myself deep diving into the subject of autism. Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi Slight smile

I'm a female in my 20s. I have recently joined that waiting list myself, and have been seen for mental illness before they considered autism. I am enjoying finding out as much information about myself and what I can do to help my life in general, such as improvements in work conditions, and figuring out general strategies for coping with sensitivities, such as loud noises and bright lights. I find if you fill your time with your favourite hobbies and focus on improving every aspect of your life, time starts to fly by. 

Cute puppy by the way. 

• Thanks - that is definitely my experience! I hope the waiting time flies by :) I can't, unfortunately, say that the puppy is mine but one day I hope to have one! 

• I'm looking at possibly going private, it's something to consider if waiting is difficult and it suits your situation. I hope to have a dog one day myself too Slight smile 

Reply Children
No Data