Help with autistic partners mood swings and meltdowns

Hello

My partner has autism we have been living together for 2 years but we have been having a few relationship problems in terms of meltdowns and mood swings. My partner doesn't communicate with me problems he is having and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any strategies to deal with this.

Parents
  • Hi.

Ive been married for 25 years to someone on the spectrum. 

There is a book I found really helpful called The Other Half of Aspergers (Autism Spectrum Disorder) by Maxine Aston. It has coping tips at the end which were quite useful for dealing with what you are describing.

While a relationship with someone one the spectrum can by hugely fulfilling, it’s really important that you have support. That’s the reason I just joined here. I’ll follow this thread with interest.

• Hi.

Ive been married for 25 years to someone on the spectrum. 

There is a book I found really helpful called The Other Half of Aspergers (Autism Spectrum Disorder) by Maxine Aston. It has coping tips at the end which were quite useful for dealing with what you are describing.

While a relationship with someone one the spectrum can by hugely fulfilling, it’s really important that you have support. That’s the reason I just joined here. I’ll follow this thread with interest.

Children
No Data