Abigail

Hello my name is Abigail. I'm newish to the world of Autism and need help coping with the effects it has in life. Especially with the stress and worry it causing me. To me Autism feels like a big bag and I'm inside of it and every day there's a gust of wind that blows me to different places and when im in certain places I feel the bag closes in on me and I struggle to breathe and control myself. It's hard work at school because I'm stupid and struggling with the work and no one wants to be my friend but it's even worse at home. Sometimes I cry and other times I scream. I need help to deal with all this please.

Thank you,

Abi.

Parents
  • Well Abigail, I think you are doing fine, You write quite a clear and concise letter, that is more than I did when I was at School.

I was told my writing was as if a Spider had fallen into the inkwell and crawled over the Page (An early form of Keyboard called handwriting).

All young people find their own circumstances overwhelming and perhaps frightening at times, It is part of growing up,  I can say this because I am 80.

I do remember a young lady by the name of Jamie Owen who had a lot of difficulties, more than I have ever encountered and in her wisdom she said in relation to her difficulties, which were profound,  "NEVER GIVE UP". When I have felt everything was against me, I always remember her saying that.

I hope this helps you.

• Well Abigail, I think you are doing fine, You write quite a clear and concise letter, that is more than I did when I was at School.

I was told my writing was as if a Spider had fallen into the inkwell and crawled over the Page (An early form of Keyboard called handwriting).

All young people find their own circumstances overwhelming and perhaps frightening at times, It is part of growing up,  I can say this because I am 80.

I do remember a young lady by the name of Jamie Owen who had a lot of difficulties, more than I have ever encountered and in her wisdom she said in relation to her difficulties, which were profound,  "NEVER GIVE UP". When I have felt everything was against me, I always remember her saying that.

I hope this helps you.

Children
No Data