2-3 year wait for assessment

Hi I have just joined forum. I don't really know what to do. I was referred by.my doctor to have an autism assessment, I am 38 and have always struggled with certain things and wanted to find out why and see if I could access any help as am not currently working and want to find something that will be appropriate. The problem is I had a phone assessment, something that I really didn't cope with well and have been told it will be 2-3 years for a face to face assessment. I'm not really sure what to do now. I also have diabetes which means in my last job I was finding it increasingly difficult to stay at the counter in the shop because I needed to go to the loo a lot. My partner and I are struggling financially because I am not contributing. I'm really at a loss as what to do, as the wait time has thrown me and I don't know whether I am entitled to anything benefits wise. I'm not even sure if I belong here without any diagnosis. 

Parents
  • Welcome.

No advice but I’m in similar situation. I’m 39, I was referred in 2017 and I’m still on a waiting list (hopefully I’ll be seen in 2020). I’m working full time but it’s causing me a lot of anxiety and I don’t know how long I’ll be able to cope. With work and with waiting for an assessment - I’m getting more and more anxious and stressed and withdrawn.

• Welcome.

No advice but I’m in similar situation. I’m 39, I was referred in 2017 and I’m still on a waiting list (hopefully I’ll be seen in 2020). I’m working full time but it’s causing me a lot of anxiety and I don’t know how long I’ll be able to cope. With work and with waiting for an assessment - I’m getting more and more anxious and stressed and withdrawn.

Children
No Data