Long term partner of a man who's recently been diagnosed with ASD

Hi everyone!

I'm a gay man who's partner of just over ten years has been officially diagnosed earlier this year.  This has mostly  come as great relief, as it explains so many of the issues we've both been becoming increasingly aware of during our time together. 

However, I must admit that I'm often struggling to know how to deal with challenging situations. In particular, there are major communication issues that regularly cause problems - often we may as well be speaking completely different languages. It gets emotionally draining and I really feel like I need help, or at least to be able to talk with other people in the same kind of situation.

Parents

• Hi everyone!

I'm a gay man who's partner of just over ten years has been officially diagnosed earlier this year.  This has mostly  come as great relief, as it explains so many of the issues we've both been becoming increasingly aware of during our time together. 

However, I must admit that I'm often struggling to know how to deal with challenging situations. In particular, there are major communication issues that regularly cause problems - often we may as well be speaking completely different languages. It gets emotionally draining and I really feel like I need help, or at least to be able to talk with other people in the same kind of situation.

Perhaps try reading THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ASPERGER'S SYNDROME book by TONY ATTWOOD ~ available free via the follwing PDF link, or for just under £20 a copy at your nearest local book shop, if brought new:

http://www.autismforthvalley.co.uk/files/5314/4595/7798/Attwood-Tony-The-Complete-Guide-to-Aspergers-Syndrome.pdf

• Hi everyone!

Perhaps try reading THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ASPERGER'S SYNDROME book by TONY ATTWOOD ~ available free via the follwing PDF link, or for just under £20 a copy at your nearest local book shop, if brought new:

http://www.autismforthvalley.co.uk/files/5314/4595/7798/Attwood-Tony-The-Complete-Guide-to-Aspergers-Syndrome.pdf

Children
No Data