Hello!

Hi there,

I thought I'd start here as a way of introducing myself. I'm a 25 year old woman and although I've had my diagnosis (high functioning ASD) for a few years now I've not really joined anything like this. I think it's because I was still in denial and thought that with enough camouflaging I'd be able to 'hide in plain sight' - which as I now understand is not that unusual, particularly with women and girls. 

I've just been signed off from work with stress, and I think I need to ask my employer to make a reasonable adjustment to my conditions of employment (shorter working day, unambiguous description of tasks). I've only been working there for two weeks so I'm not sure how they're going to take it. Does anybody on here have any experience of asking an employer for reasonable adjustment? What did you ask for and how did it all go? 

Parents Reply
  • I hated train commutes as well (or any transport really, especially during rush hour).

9 hour days are really long, and I would find that utterly exhausting too.

I have habitually limited my hours to only what I'm contracted for, and still encountered burnout - and now have reduced my hours to 30 per week (which I love, and am very grateful to be able to afford!).

A great suggestion, thank you!

Children
  • It was great!   The others were so lazy that the start time was 8am - they'd get there for 8:20 and chat in the tea room until 9am - then by the time they'd gassed some more and booted their computers it was 10am - tea time!   They'd get back around 11am so maybe start work at 11:30 - fart about a bit and then it's lunch.

I'd be in at 5am - the night-man loved it - he was out the door 2 seconds later - 1 1/2 hour early - so he was home before the traffic started - I could get on in peace and I'd be out the door at 12:30 - some days I never saw or spoke to anyone.  Smiley

• Genius. Slight smile

I love bunnies. Rabbit2

• I hated commuting - I managed to get my work to agree to let me start work as early as I liked - I could be in at 5am so I'd be finished by lunchtime - and as I worked mainly on my own and I hated interacting with the others, that really suited me - my journey to work was only about 12 minutes and I saw more rabbits than cars!  Smiley