Hello!

Hi there,

I thought I'd start here as a way of introducing myself. I'm a 25 year old woman and although I've had my diagnosis (high functioning ASD) for a few years now I've not really joined anything like this. I think it's because I was still in denial and thought that with enough camouflaging I'd be able to 'hide in plain sight' - which as I now understand is not that unusual, particularly with women and girls. 

I've just been signed off from work with stress, and I think I need to ask my employer to make a reasonable adjustment to my conditions of employment (shorter working day, unambiguous description of tasks). I've only been working there for two weeks so I'm not sure how they're going to take it. Does anybody on here have any experience of asking an employer for reasonable adjustment? What did you ask for and how did it all go? 

Parents Reply
  • No problem. It depends on the employer of course (I work for a large corporate who play the long game as far as staff are concerned & have a good approach to diversity and medical needs) but the law is on your side.

I'm not surprised you find 9 hour days exhausting. I have habitually limited my hours to only what I'm contracted for, and still encountered burnout - and now have reduced my hours to 30 per week (which I love, and am very grateful to be able to afford!).

Children
No Data