Hi All

Hello

My name is Emma, I havent been diagnosed, but my doctor said there is a high probability that I have aspergers, she also said I definately have sensory processing disorder.  I can be referred for assessment if I want but I'm still trying to get my head around it all.  I'm 47 and currently jobless and I think aspergers is the reason why.  I love animals and nature, crochet and photography.  I used to be a level 2 IT Technician many years ago, but I was bullied out of my job and its put me off.  Since then I've been doing office work.  I would love to be a photographer though.

thanks for reading x

Parents
  • Hi, Emma. Welcome to the group :)

I'm 25 and I've been on the assessment waiting list for 10 months now. I was struggling to decide whether to seek diagnosis or not, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn more about myself and have access to support when I need it.

I'd recommend reading Laura James' 'Odd Girl Out' and watching Purple Ella's videos on YouTube; I found they really helped me to understand myself as an autistic woman (I know that the experiences of women aren't as well-documented).

Hope you find the forum helpful - I have x

• Hi, Emma. Welcome to the group :)

I'm 25 and I've been on the assessment waiting list for 10 months now. I was struggling to decide whether to seek diagnosis or not, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn more about myself and have access to support when I need it.

I'd recommend reading Laura James' 'Odd Girl Out' and watching Purple Ella's videos on YouTube; I found they really helped me to understand myself as an autistic woman (I know that the experiences of women aren't as well-documented).

Hope you find the forum helpful - I have x

Children
No Data