Hi All

Hello

My name is Emma, I havent been diagnosed, but my doctor said there is a high probability that I have aspergers, she also said I definately have sensory processing disorder.  I can be referred for assessment if I want but I'm still trying to get my head around it all.  I'm 47 and currently jobless and I think aspergers is the reason why.  I love animals and nature, crochet and photography.  I used to be a level 2 IT Technician many years ago, but I was bullied out of my job and its put me off.  Since then I've been doing office work.  I would love to be a photographer though.

thanks for reading x

• Hi, Emma. Welcome to the group :)

I'm 25 and I've been on the assessment waiting list for 10 months now. I was struggling to decide whether to seek diagnosis or not, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn more about myself and have access to support when I need it.

I'd recommend reading Laura James' 'Odd Girl Out' and watching Purple Ella's videos on YouTube; I found they really helped me to understand myself as an autistic woman (I know that the experiences of women aren't as well-documented).

Hope you find the forum helpful - I have x

• Hello Emma, welcome!

It’s great that you’re pursuing diagnosis and help, and that your doctor is supporting you.

You sound like the perfect blend of techie and artistic so I’m certain you’ll feel at home here and meet lots of like-minds. Blush xx