Mum of autistic Son

Hi everyone,really new to this and have never used a chat forum before!My 2.5 year old son has recently been diagnosed with ASD. If I’m honest I knew about a year ago but he was way too young for the doctors to pay attention. I’ve always struggled with him and blamed myself because he was such hard work and that I was maybe finding it way harder than I should of. Now we have a diagnosis, I realise that anyone would have felt the same caring for him as he does have additional needs:) I’m really looking to chat with mums and dads who have autistic children and would like any tips or advice on making my child as happy and secure and safe as I possibly can. My son has always had sleep issues and suffers from sensory overload and sensory deficit, any advice would be very welcome,thankyou!

Parents
  • Hi there, my 2 1/2 year old daughter was diagnosed with ASD in August. I was also diagnosed ASD last December. I knew she was autistic from when I was 7 months pregnant with her as she just ‘felt’ autistic. It’s natural as a mum to sometimes struggle with our children, I have 3 daughters, the eldest being 21 and they all have their little challenges along the way and it’s ok, we’re human, sometimes we find things difficult. My youngest daughter has a lot of sensory issues, we’re having her assessed by brainwaves (a charity for children with SEN and Autism so cheaper than private) Occupational Therapists next month to get a ‘sensory diet’ put in place to help her with her sensory issues. What specific sensory issues does your son have? 

• Hi there, my 2 1/2 year old daughter was diagnosed with ASD in August. I was also diagnosed ASD last December. I knew she was autistic from when I was 7 months pregnant with her as she just ‘felt’ autistic. It’s natural as a mum to sometimes struggle with our children, I have 3 daughters, the eldest being 21 and they all have their little challenges along the way and it’s ok, we’re human, sometimes we find things difficult. My youngest daughter has a lot of sensory issues, we’re having her assessed by brainwaves (a charity for children with SEN and Autism so cheaper than private) Occupational Therapists next month to get a ‘sensory diet’ put in place to help her with her sensory issues. What specific sensory issues does your son have? 

Children
No Data