Hey I’m Cal!

Nice to see you’ve clicked on my post :-) I’m Cal, I’m 21 and I recently got diagnosed with Asperger’s / HF.

I have sort of known all my life that I’ve been a little bit different to everybody else but over the years people have made ‘austistic jokes’ and it mostly went past my head. I spoke to my GP about this and she referred me to Action For ASD where I had a private assessment done. It was a two week process but I didn’t get my results for at-least 3 months.

I don’t really have many hobbies but I’m interested to see how I can use my autism to an advantage in life, I have struggled whilst in work a lot since I left college and since being I got diagnosed it’s helped me understand why I reacted in certain ways at certain times in response to certain things.

I hope to meet new people here and learn about others, their experiences and life’s.

Slight smile

Parents
  • Hello and welcome. Cal! I have also recently come onto the forum, having been diagnosed with Level 2 ASD. Please do feel free to ask any questions and read my profile. I'm sure that everyone on here will give their best advice.

I am currently trying to find employment. The situation is so bad that I have resorted to "Signing on" again. However, I am sure that you will find your dream position. Disclosing your condition to potential employers, could potentially put you at the top of the list for interviews. This is because. most employers are looking for people who will do the job properly. They will also be obliged to provide you with the appropriate support.

• Hello and welcome. Cal! I have also recently come onto the forum, having been diagnosed with Level 2 ASD. Please do feel free to ask any questions and read my profile. I'm sure that everyone on here will give their best advice.

I am currently trying to find employment. The situation is so bad that I have resorted to "Signing on" again. However, I am sure that you will find your dream position. Disclosing your condition to potential employers, could potentially put you at the top of the list for interviews. This is because. most employers are looking for people who will do the job properly. They will also be obliged to provide you with the appropriate support.

Children
No Data