I think i might have aspergers/high functioning autism

Hi my name  is david i dont have an autism diagnosis but i think i may have traits and was wondering what all yous were thinking ill list certain symptoms that i think might be autism 

Extremly obssesive over subjects that most people dont think about 

Dont like looking people in the eye 

Get frustrated at simple tasks

I have always felt different and odd 

Have a history of abandoment and i had a traumatic childhood 

Ask mad questions all the time 

I also have a fanily history of schizophrenia and autism i know the 2 disorders are genetically linked 

Socially sometimes i can be ok other times quiet other times i can be weird

I dont really know if i have it i am just curious as it might explain some things these arent all of the symtoms just the ones i can rememeber 

Parents
  • Welcome, David.

Naturally, we can't confirm a diagnosis "via internet", but the things that you've mentioned so far are certainly ones that many autistic people here will recognise very well. And, in a sense, that's probably more important than what precise conditions you might or might not have - finding people who experience very similar issues in life, and sharing our insights into them, and if we're lucky, some problem solving tactics, too!

If you are thinking of seeking a diagnosis, you're certainly doing the right thing - it's much better to go into it after having done some research, as front-line health-care staff are often poorly trained to spot suspected autism, and it will make the job for a diagnosing psychologist much easier. You're just as welcome here whether you are diagnosed or not, and there are no such things as "dumb questions" - feel free to ask whatever you think you need to know, and hopefully you'll soon start to see a clearer picture.

Best Wishes.

Reply Children
No Data