I think i might have aspergers/high functioning autism

Hi my name  is david i dont have an autism diagnosis but i think i may have traits and was wondering what all yous were thinking ill list certain symptoms that i think might be autism 

Extremly obssesive over subjects that most people dont think about 

Dont like looking people in the eye 

Get frustrated at simple tasks

I have always felt different and odd 

Have a history of abandoment and i had a traumatic childhood 

Ask mad questions all the time 

I also have a fanily history of schizophrenia and autism i know the 2 disorders are genetically linked 

Socially sometimes i can be ok other times quiet other times i can be weird

I dont really know if i have it i am just curious as it might explain some things these arent all of the symtoms just the ones i can rememeber 

• Welcome, David.

Naturally, we can't confirm a diagnosis "via internet", but the things that you've mentioned so far are certainly ones that many autistic people here will recognise very well. And, in a sense, that's probably more important than what precise conditions you might or might not have - finding people who experience very similar issues in life, and sharing our insights into them, and if we're lucky, some problem solving tactics, too!

If you are thinking of seeking a diagnosis, you're certainly doing the right thing - it's much better to go into it after having done some research, as front-line health-care staff are often poorly trained to spot suspected autism, and it will make the job for a diagnosing psychologist much easier. You're just as welcome here whether you are diagnosed or not, and there are no such things as "dumb questions" - feel free to ask whatever you think you need to know, and hopefully you'll soon start to see a clearer picture.

Best Wishes.

• Hi David,

yes I would say you do, but please seek a professional diagnosis just in case, as just mentioned might  have something else going on as well. The professionals will be able to find other traits you may not have noticed and give you some good feedback and advice going forward. In meantime stay in this blog so we can help you on your way. There are a lot of experienced people in this blog so please wait/check for their replies..

I followed this plan from "the girl with the curly hair" website.