Adult male 25 needs friends/support please

Hello

I am the mother of a 25 year old male who has Aspergers. We are in the lengthy process of getting a formal diagnosis. It is some comfort to discover there is a reason for his struggles after many years of ignorance on my part but I know that when/if we have a formal diagnosis, it won't make the problems and difficulties he has disappear.  

My son is at an all time low. He has struggled all his life to make and retain friends and to be and to feel included. Employment has been a similar story.

I'm posting on here because he won't do it for himself and I feel helpless and powerless when I see him so unhappy with all aspects of his life. 

He has tried to fit in with the mainstream and he can't. He needs friends, people to talk to, do things with. People who understand. 

We are based in Surrey/London area. 

If anyone knows of a support group he could go along to in our area or if you are in need of a friend too please get in touch.

Thanks    

Parents
  • www.amazebrighton.org.uk/editorial.asp

I'm much too old and my son is much too young! But it reminded me of a very inspirational young man who I saw at the autism show.  When I googled him, I found the above. I know it is not your area but perhaps your son could set something up locally, with your help? There must be many people his age in Surrey on the spectrum. Or has he got any hobbies interests he can develop? Sorry he's having such a tough time.

• www.amazebrighton.org.uk/editorial.asp

I'm much too old and my son is much too young! But it reminded me of a very inspirational young man who I saw at the autism show.  When I googled him, I found the above. I know it is not your area but perhaps your son could set something up locally, with your help? There must be many people his age in Surrey on the spectrum. Or has he got any hobbies interests he can develop? Sorry he's having such a tough time.

Children
No Data