Hi, New here

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2011. I have never had any help or support since my diagnosis and I have always struggled with extreme social anxiety. I have always found work very difficult, but have managed to work on and off for most of my adult life, a lot of the time in part time roles. it's a massive battle though and I am not working at the moment, because of a back problem, but I have to admit I am using my physical problems as a bit of an excuse to not go back to work!! I work for a supply agency as a teaching assistant. I think a big problem for me is not talking about my diagnosis and trying to hide it, so I am trying to find out a bit more about how it affects me, how it affects other people and hopefully learn to feel more comfortable about it. Slight smile

Parents
  • Do you use Access to Work to support you? Not sure which country you are from but if it is England HR should be supporting you back into work. I love that you could come here and tell us. Anxiety stops us from doing so many things and the first step forward is sharing this. We'll done for taking that step. That shows a large part of you wants a way forward back to work. 

• Do you use Access to Work to support you? Not sure which country you are from but if it is England HR should be supporting you back into work. I love that you could come here and tell us. Anxiety stops us from doing so many things and the first step forward is sharing this. We'll done for taking that step. That shows a large part of you wants a way forward back to work. 

Children
No Data