New here, Hi for help

Get it?
Nice to meet you. I've had my diagnosis since fourth grade of Asperger's.
I'm current and plan to be up-to-date in discussions. What I'm wondering these days is: what does it really mean to have autism?
The lackluster definitions and explanations of the disorder have pursued me and these days nip at my heels constantly. They never bothered when I didn't need the answers.
I'm here to ask you all the experience you have, with autism...and perhaps insights you have gained on the Neurotypical. I find them to be mysterious, generally twisted beings with a lower moral compass and intelligence than autistic people. They are not passionate, for example, when it comes to concern for the general wellbeing of others. Perhaps they appear to be in public, but never reconcile their appearance with their internal reality of selfishness. So that in private, they are still just as lazy at caring.
I think of the NT social environment is one based on frauds and social inflammation of character to be "recognized" or "accepted" into some niche or group. That it focuses on nociceptive abilities rather than genuine virtue.

Personally I'm interested in this topic as a science, to groom your comments a bit, y'all.
What's the deal? What is it like for you? I made the mistake to believe my whole life others were just like me...though emotionally I felt estranged, odd, different. Of course I trusted and believed in my peers before anything, (I'm obviously the one feeling something wrong- no, /you/ are not the problem.) when they weren't really searching for answers for me as my gullible self believed they put thoughtful time into...(in a general sense).

I describe my experience as if I am a dog given the mind of a human, and then forced to conform under huge stressors of childhood illness and emotional neglect to mimic the absurd human "language" in an attempt to have my emotional and physical needs filled. I'm essentially mute, I believe. As I believe most (biologically) "conforming" ASD people are, and that we generally just mimic the human language (speaking on a much more pure high level) and due to our high intelligence and superior moral complexity and compass simply cannot imagine or devolve our comprehension to the mindless, Sleeping mindset of the NT population.

They make no sense for a reason, |are we right?|

• Heyoo. Nice to see you here. You blow glass for real?

• Yeah, makes sense. You are definitely insightful so it would make sense that you mentioned that. I can tell by what you say.
    I'd like to think people would simply just feel not as good if they are self-deluded and should want to stop, know, or maybe just wonder why they're not feeling their best, I'd hope. I guess when you never have a motivation or reason enough to change you never will., if you are one of those people.  

• Assuming I am under the temptation/ delusoin myself it is hard or even impossbile to be objectionve.  Perhaps rule breaking is close enough to opportunism to sometimes give an advantage.  Probably the self delusion takes some insight to spot- i was brought up with academics, who were almost all om the spectrum so I saw more standard people differently.  

• I appreciate your response. Its very kind of you. Its really reassuring to hear you describe the NT behaviors/dispositions in similar but new way to my knowledge. I hate the feeling that I am 100% far off thinking what I do. Perfectly happy if I'm only 50% right, but people like to tell me I'm wrong very often. 
    Wish others would shoot for the stars.
    Any idea what makes people "naturally delusional"? Totally agree with the term. I just have never done it---I know no known motive for why they'd think its a good idea. Why? Why not try your hardest?

• Hi,

I hope you don't desert for your wrong planet.  but then, that is your right.  I am a parent and officially NT but have been described as a Broadly Autistic Phenotype.  I see that as a compliment because I agree on how self-deceptive so many humans are.  'Rules are for everyonel but I have this special dispensation'.  Hence: speeding, taking that bribe, polluting that bit of the planet, breaking that promise....

My father was definitely Aspie but I think my mother was NT.  Despite this, she had as strong an ethical stance.  Maybe it is just harder for the naturally delusional.

• And by the way, what kind of science do you like to follow on Twitter about?

• I see, haha. It makes sense to me, despite.
    The double empathy definition is interesting-- as that is how I see it often. One difference between NT and Autistics is we are socializing on totally different levels of what is considered "normal". Along with the idea in your second link-- it's sort of like we are from a different planet, and we haven't forgotten it even though we grew up entirely here.

I must note-- I'm kind of bewildered reading these articles. I'm not sure if they are from the UK but they all have this air about the way they are writing...for some reason it is very hard to understand for me- you seem to be talking the same way. Not to offend, neither for you to worry about it. I'll learn eventually.
    I normally understand studies and complex thought well. But this stuff is beyond me. The average sentence in some of these writings makes no sense-- and the whole idea or general topic and subjects are elusive. It doesn't seem like these people are making a coherent 'point'. Am I off base? (having read now double empathy, link 2, link 3.)
    [I'm guessing the big issue is that a lot of context I don't have is relevant to these texts, even social and UK-related]

Grazed link 'monotropism'. For example I'm noticing that people are putting things in an odd order-- and they don't define a term before they start talking about it, only to define it later. Odd behavior in my opinion, because I have to re-read if I want to understand what you just said previously. I find that theory very interesting though-- because it explains a lot to me. I need to process on my own some before I come back to it, but I will absolutely save this particular link.
    [I think some of the confusion I am having is because of this: I'm sure you've heard before that America is face-paced. We talk fast and do everything fast. We get to the point quickly, and only provide relevant information and opinions, generally. I have heard before the opposite about the UK, that people who go there are surprised at how relaxed everyone is. Probably making most Americans realize they are just constantly 'anxious' in comparison.
    I'm not sure if this trend is worsening, but I know I'm susceptible to "going fast" because I think incredibly quickly, and process huge amounts of info a lot of the time.
    I'm finding myself resistant to reading the whole article and skimming is proving so so difficult-- that is my issue in sum. The language use and verbosity is different, the underlying concepts strange and unfamiliar, and the perceptions, ideas, maybe even logic is strange to me. Interesting to think of.]

Lastly, on the idea of the 'All in a Row' play, I think people like to
    argue (when really saying the same thing) just to argue. They want
    to have the higher moral or intellectual ground-- in a sense so
    that they will be listened to and a guiding social principal can be
    put in place to lead a 'matters-idea' in the "right direction". To
    "get something done" in a sense, on some/any matter, like helping
    autistic kids in this situation.
    The reason the issue is not being solved is because of the arguing.
    There needs to be at least one side (with a large enough number of
    that group) that backs down and allows the other side to lead the
    'movement', and just offer advice. Somebody has to take the back
    seat, otherwise no car will go straight with two drivers.
    That is one option, or people could just choose to look truthfully
    at themselves and at others, and accept that perhaps they really
    don't know best or right, and that other's opinions are just as
    valid-- more like a piece of the puzzle, kind of like Autism
    [thinking of the symbol to represent, used at least here in
    America.]

It's very interesting to me how different things are in UK, from my initial perception. If you know what the website "Vine" is, know it was taken down, and made videos--- now "TikTok" is what people say has replaced it. Vine compilations exist on Youtube, and some videos are now titled "TikTok clips that exude Vine energy" [approximately]. What I'm trying to get across is there is a kind of "energy" I see peeking into the UK world...hehe. Interesting and different. Not bad. Just a lot of new ground to cover.

• I feel that feeling. Though I was diagnosed young, I was literally taught and told nothing about my disorder and I didn't understand I even had communication problems or that I was different at all. Stayed just as confused and unsure of myself. I guess I handled it well which is why...no outward symptoms, no treatment. That is another issue with today's obsession of treating symptoms and not causes.

• im breathing so thats gotta be good!

hope you find some answers .for me it was a late diagnosis at 52 with aspergers,so growing up life was just confusing but you have to write your own life programme ,your own way of getting from a to b.

i look back now and understand why i did things!

• That expression is just mine, I think you understood what I meant. Not sure how I came to it. When I was in US for a short time, the tomatoes in the supermarket were encapsulated in a red plastic shells, like plastic tomatoes, I never understood why.

On the sciences, there are interesting studies you might not have come across:

Double empathy  https://kar.kent.ac.uk/62639/1/Double%20empathy%20problem.pdf

Brand new research confirming that ASC/ASC better communicate and collaborate with each other that AS/NT http://dart.ed.ac.uk/research/nd-iq/

Another study https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1362361318785172

Autism from the inside https://aeon.co/essays/the-autistic-view-of-the-world-is-not-the-neurotypical-cliche

Monotropism from the inside https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/me-and-monotropism-unified-theory-autism

So called autism 'wars', press sensationalism I am sure  https://www.spectrumnews.org/features/deep-dive/search-truce-autism-wars/?utm_source=Copy+of+Spectrum+News+%28Daily+Report%29&utm_campaign=ab58a23ba1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_04_23_09_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5d6f652fd5-ab58a23ba1-168411017

I am not on facebook and quite deliberately.. I read stuff on Twitter from certain scientists, not the geneticists though.

I might go to bed now, see you ..

• Thanks for the welcome. Honestly I should be too.

I'm not familiar with plastic positivity. Is that a term personal to you or is it textbook?
    Unsure if you mean it towards me, I assume you don't-- but I'm told I generalize. I think it's because I'm trying to communicate a broader idea (I do it semi-purposely...)

About the "topic as a science", I mean that in-void. I don't actually know of one, which frustrates. The science I'm referencing is the real true dirt on the difference between NT and ASD people, and the real, honest-to-god similarities. Something and anything concrete. People like to say "Well, we could never really know." It's a shame when people say that.

To answer your question, no, I do not mind. I'm almost never offended--- not unless someone intends harm, which I suppose is not an offense, but an attack. And tbh, I'm not sure how to respond-- b/c I know little to nothing to compare it to. I barely have spoken to other Aspies in my life about autism (in fact, now that I think on it, I never have. Nor anyone else really.). Kind of why I am here.
    I'd still love to answer the question-- I'm interested to find out. Any way you can describe to me?
    Not heard about autism 'wars', but doesn't sound farfetched. Don't know just what you mean, though. War like between autistic people or NT and autistic? And why on facebook of all places, lol.?

• Welcome to the forum, Americans obviously as well. I am in UK. I should be sleeping. :)

I understand you read some threads, so you saw the various experiences people describe. Everyone has a history of disappointments, and even trauma. I am not in favour of plastic positivity [not a ref to a distinguished member]. My experiences are not rosy, but I am not for generalisations either.

What science do you follow?

What is it like being on the spectrum in US, if you don't mind me asking. No problem if you do.. On twitter they talk about autism 'wars'. Really?

• Helloooo, Gordy. How are you doing?

• I'm not on wrongplanet, thanks for the suggestion. I'm new to joining these kinds of sites.

• Oh- That's embarrassing. Didn't do my research and I just guessed. I always sort of thought the ASD movements and sites were happening in America just because I didn't hear of them other places.

• This is a UK site. Almost everybody is from the UK. I know wrongplanet is a site used by a lot of Americans- are you on there?