Hello All

Hi All

Just signed up, and am keen to find out more on how to assist my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with ASD.  

I thought I was fairly knowledgable about ASD, but its clear theres plenty of learning and adjusting to still be done by myself, the family and my daughter also.

Parents
  • Hi, 

Welcome to Forum, it is a really helpful place how old is your daughter? Mine is 8 and we are currently still trying to get her assessed so no formal diagnosis yet but we have no doubt she has asd. 

Anyway this site is packed with useful information and you will find the community a really helpful and supportive group 

• my daughter has just turned 11.  it's been a long drawn out process to finally get a diagnosis, approx 4 years or so of meetings, assessments and the like...  just hoping we can now finally get things in place to support her better

• my daughter has just turned 11.  it's been a long drawn out process to finally get a diagnosis, approx 4 years or so of meetings, assessments and the like...  just hoping we can now finally get things in place to support her better

Children
  • Ive been discussing things with the school throughout the day, airing concerns over things happening within the day and its clear just how unorganised they are.  At a meeting earlier I was advised to give the new school a copy of my daughters personal learning plan, to discover it should have been done 3 years ago once dyslexia diagnosis confirmed, but as yet they havent done so...  basically the school admit they havent been helping my daughter as they should have been, thats despite me chasing them something chronic.  Utterly gutted...  hoping the new school in September will be more useful.

• I wish you all the best with getting her support, now she has diagnosis school has a legal obligation to provide support details of which are on this site, 

I know the feeling of the long wait we ourselves are up to four years and still going backwards and forwards! Hopefully now alot of light is being shed on the different presentation in girls we may make some progress!!