Grandson

Hello everyone

I have just signed up to this forum, reason is my grandson is thought to have Autism, he is 2 years old. His test is at the end of Mar 2019. I don't know what to expect, what will this mean to his life etc. 

I adore my grandson and want to help in any way I can. Please can someone tell me the best things to do. 

I feel so alone, I can't tell my daughter how upset I am as she is trying to be strong. 

Please help. 

Grandma

Parents
  • Hi,

Welcome to the forum, the best thing you can do for your grandson and daughter is unconditional love. 

Reading and understanding the differences and effects autism has on different people is a good place to start, think about the things that led to his assessment does he have sensory issues and delayed speech if so read up about ways to help him. Don't be sad

This site is full of great advice and practical ways to support him 

Good luck 

• Hi,

Welcome to the forum, the best thing you can do for your grandson and daughter is unconditional love. 

Reading and understanding the differences and effects autism has on different people is a good place to start, think about the things that led to his assessment does he have sensory issues and delayed speech if so read up about ways to help him. Don't be sad

This site is full of great advice and practical ways to support him 

Good luck 

Children
No Data