Noob to the forum

Hi. I’ve been very recently diagnosed and just joined the forum. I’m 55 and medically retired from work in 2015. I also have Klinefelter syndrome (47 XXY).

Parents
  • A late reply but a reply nonetheless, to inform I too was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome to have since rejected the term in favour of simply XXY through the  desire to not consider my whole existence a syndrome or worse, a disorder, for life has been difficult enough with both ASD and XXY without the need to heap insult upon injury.

As it was when I was diagnosed I took a keen interest in it, to in my autistic capacity learn all about it to enjoin with related support groups to find my way through my own mire of misunderstanding to have come to a place where it is I  stand in support of the newly diagnosed and bewildered with particular support for a very misunderstood and readily rejected aspect of it for the UK Klinefelter Syndrome Society to have requested I aid them in them in that respect.

If you have not already, please learn of the KSA-UK to perhaps seek out their website, where if you do so, you will find targeted information galore to tell you all about what you are and far more than any doctor can for with this condition, oft one will find one has to educate, to self advocate for the sad matter of fact is that UK GP's have little understanding of it and what difficulties may be experienced.

• A late reply but a reply nonetheless, to inform I too was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome to have since rejected the term in favour of simply XXY through the  desire to not consider my whole existence a syndrome or worse, a disorder, for life has been difficult enough with both ASD and XXY without the need to heap insult upon injury.

As it was when I was diagnosed I took a keen interest in it, to in my autistic capacity learn all about it to enjoin with related support groups to find my way through my own mire of misunderstanding to have come to a place where it is I  stand in support of the newly diagnosed and bewildered with particular support for a very misunderstood and readily rejected aspect of it for the UK Klinefelter Syndrome Society to have requested I aid them in them in that respect.

If you have not already, please learn of the KSA-UK to perhaps seek out their website, where if you do so, you will find targeted information galore to tell you all about what you are and far more than any doctor can for with this condition, oft one will find one has to educate, to self advocate for the sad matter of fact is that UK GP's have little understanding of it and what difficulties may be experienced.

Children
No Data