Cuddly Soft Toys

Who takes comfort in  teddies due to the lack of support around in our society for Autistic people.  With the lack of support I have resorted to turning to my soft toys as an answer to anxiety and depression due to fears and suspicions of others who should know better.  Next year its upwards and onwards as a seasoned campaigner. 

Parents
  • Yes, I’m rather obsessed with teddies. I have specific ones - one for sleeping with, ones for traveling with, one for stressful events and a couple of large ones for hugs. Then I have all of my childhood ones that I’ve not been able to let go of, and ones I’ve bought on trips that have happy memories attached to them. It’s fair to say that my room looks like that of a small child as a result! I don’t care what people think though, it’s more important that I have something in my life that gives me comfort and happiness...

My current favourite teddy for hugging is my giant unigoat, whom I am sat with right now. Slight smile

• I gave away my teddies and my onesie, and my most cherished book,  way before onesies were even a 'thing', and I can never forget that. But I have had to learn to forgive myself because for sure, if I knew then what I know now, I would have never got rid of my onesie or my teddies or my book. We have to learn to be gentle and kind to ourselves because we sure as hell don't fit into everyday 'ordinary' life and that's ok. What's not ok is not living life according to us X 

• Well in the past I did the same with my old teddies called Edward and John.  Now they are sadly mouldering somewhere.  However I have a new collection of soft toys and so does my old friend of eighty one who doesn't know he is autistic or not as he's never been tested.  Yet we get on very well and I add to his collection of soft toys but he can't have mine. 

• Well in the past I did the same with my old teddies called Edward and John.  Now they are sadly mouldering somewhere.  However I have a new collection of soft toys and so does my old friend of eighty one who doesn't know he is autistic or not as he's never been tested.  Yet we get on very well and I add to his collection of soft toys but he can't have mine. 

Children
No Data