New here struggling with aggressive defiant 17 year old boy with gaming addiction

Hi we are new here and new to our local area. We have a 17 year old verbally aggressive and defiant boy with a gaming addiction of 7 years and no school attendance for the past 5 years. We would like to join a parent support group in Nottingham as we are desperate to connect to others in a similar situation. Meltdowns are now so disruptive that we are really struggling. Also our Aspie has refused the diagnosis and refuses all help. Please can anyone recommend a support group in the Nottingham area. Thank you 

Parents
  • From my own experience growing up with Asperger's, can I suggest is that you try to be as kind, gentle and understanding as possible? After a while of facing no "opposition", chances are your 17 year old will mellow in attitude and re-engage to the best of his ability.

Video games are a Godsend, in my case coping with my wakeful hours (plenty of those as I am insomniac) would simply be impossible otherwise. All the best.

• From my own experience growing up with Asperger's, can I suggest is that you try to be as kind, gentle and understanding as possible? After a while of facing no "opposition", chances are your 17 year old will mellow in attitude and re-engage to the best of his ability.

Video games are a Godsend, in my case coping with my wakeful hours (plenty of those as I am insomniac) would simply be impossible otherwise. All the best.

Children
No Data