This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sixth form essay on autism - Questionnaire.

Hi guys

I am currently writing a 5000 word dissertation on "to what extent does autism have an effect on a child's learning and development" for my extended project as part of my A levels. I'm hoping to develop a better understanding on the core areas of autism as I have friends and family members who are diagnosed with autism. I'm writing this forum , hoping you guys would answer a couple of questions on autism. The following questions or answers could be about someone you know who have autism , yourself or if you have a son or daughter with autism. All responses on the following questions will be anonymous on my essay , and you can either message me or answer them through the comments. Thanks you very much.

1. What support have you/someone you know / your son or daughter have received from school or from any special needs services?

2. What are the common behaviour you have noticed about yourself/ someone you know / son or daughter?

3. Have you/someone you know/ son or daughter ever attended or currently attending a mainstream school? 

4. Have you noticed any behaviour changes  when yourself/ someone you know / son or daughter are around family members and when they're with classmates and teachers ?

5. If you have a son or daughter who is autistic. Are there any particular tv programmes or hobbies they are into.

Thank you very much for those who responded to this forum. All responses will be anonymous. Thanks.

• Hi NAS49878,

Unfortunately we don't allow people to use the NAS community to conduct surveys or other forms of research. This is in the community rules which you can view here: https://community.autism.org.uk/p/rules

'8. Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning.'

If you'd like to know more about conducting research with NAS, you can view the page here: https://www.autism.org.uk/research

Best wishes,

Ross - mod