How do you introduce yourself in words alone

Im new here. I have no idea what to write to introduce myself. Ive been on a jouney this year discovering that I might not be who or what I thought I was.

All my life Ive wondered why I seem to see the world differently to other people around me. In my head everything makes sense but in the real world people don't play to my script. I had no idea I could be on the Autistic Spectrum until someone who was pointed it out to me as a possiblitiy.

Im awaiting an assessment by my local NHS partnership but given he long waiting list im considering saving up for a private diagnosis early in the new year. My life feels on hold until I know for certain where I am.

I have no friends as such, however you define them. as a result over the last decade ive found that I have been isolating myself more and more.

Bullied at school because I don't, or won't fit in

Working part time, married, one son, owns a pet pig!

Would love to have a great big extended family of like minded who understand me.

Parents
  • I want a pet pig! But shouldn't as I haven't got enough of a garden and there are enough animals here already.

I thibk you've done a pretty good job describing yourself Relaxed

I should own up to the fact that I have never introduced myself properly, but then again I tend to not listen or obey rules Slight smile

Not many friends here either. I've got a husband who used to be my best friend in secondary school, a baby (real challenge to the nerves), three cats and two dogs. Two of those cats I regularly have to rescue when they end up in a fight with neighbour cats.

Pretty boring otherwise and dealing with anxiety attacks whenever I change my schedule. So I am very predictable Smile

Was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago after crashing completely. The old 'classic autism'.

The diagnosis brought a lot of relief actually. I think most of us here think it was a positive thing to do.

• I want a pet pig! But shouldn't as I haven't got enough of a garden and there are enough animals here already.

I thibk you've done a pretty good job describing yourself Relaxed

I should own up to the fact that I have never introduced myself properly, but then again I tend to not listen or obey rules Slight smile

Not many friends here either. I've got a husband who used to be my best friend in secondary school, a baby (real challenge to the nerves), three cats and two dogs. Two of those cats I regularly have to rescue when they end up in a fight with neighbour cats.

Pretty boring otherwise and dealing with anxiety attacks whenever I change my schedule. So I am very predictable Smile

Was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago after crashing completely. The old 'classic autism'.

The diagnosis brought a lot of relief actually. I think most of us here think it was a positive thing to do.

Children
  • Thank you all for your replies. I have searched my whole life in vein for a place where people just get me. 

The fog of confusion has surrounded me throughout this whole year. If here I can have some clarity would be more appricated then you know, although saying that I guess if you all really do understand me then that statement is null and void