Newby

Hi just introducing myself ,I'm a 48year old male and was diagnosed in June this year having had a previous assesment about two years ago  which they said I was borderline but they weren't sure because of my diagnosis of mixed anxiety and depressive disorder ,then I moved up to Newcastle a got another assesment  and was diagnosed finally and when they looked at the previous test result they said I should've been diagnosed with ASD then.i thought being diagnosed would help but to be honest it's fucked my head right up and I still trying to figure it out ,I still don't  know where the aspergers starts and the anxiety /depression finish,I feel like after being diagnosed I was just left to myself with no support  apart from the mental  health crises team  ,so after being diagnosed I just feel  I'm just f***** as before . 

[Edited by Moderator]

Parents
  • I'm a similar age and still trying to come to terms with things after about a year after my diagnosis.  I'm trying to slowly learn stuff about this.  I try and keep in mind that knowing the root cause of the problem is the first step to trying to work out what you can do about it.

• I'm a similar age and still trying to come to terms with things after about a year after my diagnosis.  I'm trying to slowly learn stuff about this.  I try and keep in mind that knowing the root cause of the problem is the first step to trying to work out what you can do about it.

Children