New member with no-where to turn

I am a mum of 3.  2 boys 22 and 20 (eldest is diagnosed with Asppergers), 12 years old daughter not diagnosed but suspected.  We have got through the early years with my eldest 2 but now my Dd has started secondary school and she has fallen apart.  She cries daily and even phones me from school.  I am going back to the doctors for help but can’t see a solution anytime soon and she is falling apart.  Feeling quite desperate at the moment with no easy fix.

Parents
  • Hi 

I know the feeling of watching a daughter fall apart and not being able to fix it, although mine is only 7 at the moment, in addition to contacting the head of the school I would suggest asking for a meeting with the senco as they might be able to make adjustments to your daughters timetable or allow her to work in quieter areas so as not to overload her, if you are having no luck with gp referring for assessment ask the senco to contact school nursing team as they can refer her as well as advising school how to help, in some areas they can also arrange support for your daughter mine now receives help for anxiety and to help her understand how she is feeling 

I wish you all the best, and you are not alone 

• Hi 

I know the feeling of watching a daughter fall apart and not being able to fix it, although mine is only 7 at the moment, in addition to contacting the head of the school I would suggest asking for a meeting with the senco as they might be able to make adjustments to your daughters timetable or allow her to work in quieter areas so as not to overload her, if you are having no luck with gp referring for assessment ask the senco to contact school nursing team as they can refer her as well as advising school how to help, in some areas they can also arrange support for your daughter mine now receives help for anxiety and to help her understand how she is feeling 

I wish you all the best, and you are not alone 

Children
No Data