Hi everyone

Finally my son was diagnosed with autism last week he is 14 and I have been fighting this since he was four.  So pleased to find out all the resources available, I look forward to being part of the community.

Regards

Nikki

Parents
  • I've just joined too.  I have Asperger's.  When you say you have been fighting it I'm not sure what you mean.  Have you been fighting for the diagnosis or fighting his autism?

• Sorry for the delayed reply.  I have been fighting to get the diagnosis and be recognised as having difficulties.  Its been traumatic and his behaviour is challenging.  Thankfully I have him in a special needs school now who are being fabulous with him he just blows up at home and takes it all out on me so being tested for ADHD now as well.  Are you getting support?

• Sorry for the delayed reply.  I have been fighting to get the diagnosis and be recognised as having difficulties.  Its been traumatic and his behaviour is challenging.  Thankfully I have him in a special needs school now who are being fabulous with him he just blows up at home and takes it all out on me so being tested for ADHD now as well.  Are you getting support?

Children
No Data