Going through ASD testing ATM

Hi there,

My name is Alison, I am mummy to Adam, who is 7 and is awaiting his ASD appointment, which we have been told takes up to ten months! Which is all very nice bhas these people   Probably have never had a child on the floor of a supermarket!!

I have come on here for any hints, tips or just a shoulder really, sometimes it all gets a bit on top of myself and my husband, while we know there is 'something wrong' not having that diagionis yet, we feel bad about asking for help.

Thanks Alison and andrew

Parents
  • hi faith, a good book to start with is freaks,geaks and aspergers available at waterstones,it was the first book of now many that i read. my daughter was diagnosed last year after 10 years of me saying that there is nothing wrong with my child , its the rest of the world! which to a certain extent i still think that, but when things took a turn for the worse and my daughter got out of control at home,with major meltdowns and yes biting,punching etc i was not coping with it so well! our paediatrition put us onto local groups which do special days out etc although my daughter still insists that these events are too noisy , smelly,uncomfortable etc , i cant win, people say it never gets better it just changes!

• hi faith, a good book to start with is freaks,geaks and aspergers available at waterstones,it was the first book of now many that i read. my daughter was diagnosed last year after 10 years of me saying that there is nothing wrong with my child , its the rest of the world! which to a certain extent i still think that, but when things took a turn for the worse and my daughter got out of control at home,with major meltdowns and yes biting,punching etc i was not coping with it so well! our paediatrition put us onto local groups which do special days out etc although my daughter still insists that these events are too noisy , smelly,uncomfortable etc , i cant win, people say it never gets better it just changes!

Children
No Data