Going through ASD testing ATM

Hi there,

My name is Alison, I am mummy to Adam, who is 7 and is awaiting his ASD appointment, which we have been told takes up to ten months! Which is all very nice bhas these people   Probably have never had a child on the floor of a supermarket!!

I have come on here for any hints, tips or just a shoulder really, sometimes it all gets a bit on top of myself and my husband, while we know there is 'something wrong' not having that diagionis yet, we feel bad about asking for help.

Thanks Alison and andrew

Parents
  • Hi

my son is 5 and i have finally got his diagnosis of autism and possible ADD (after 3 years of fighting). At our first paediatrician app we were dismissed because my son CAN talk (constantly), he CAN look you in the eye, he CAN use facial expressions and he loves everyone (too much).                                                                        Life for us can be horrible 80% of the week and absolute heaven the remainder 20%.    I found visual timetables work fantastic and if tailored for the individual child and it answers all the constant questions my son bombards me with and relieves his anxiety about the day.                                                                                               Because of my sons difficulties he cant cope in your 'average' out of school groups, does anyone have any suggestions on suitable organisations to approach? Or any books about autism?                                                                                                      How do you deal with people staring at you or tutting while you are trying to calm your child down and avoid being bitten, spat on or head butted?

• Hi

my son is 5 and i have finally got his diagnosis of autism and possible ADD (after 3 years of fighting). At our first paediatrician app we were dismissed because my son CAN talk (constantly), he CAN look you in the eye, he CAN use facial expressions and he loves everyone (too much).                                                                        Life for us can be horrible 80% of the week and absolute heaven the remainder 20%.    I found visual timetables work fantastic and if tailored for the individual child and it answers all the constant questions my son bombards me with and relieves his anxiety about the day.                                                                                               Because of my sons difficulties he cant cope in your 'average' out of school groups, does anyone have any suggestions on suitable organisations to approach? Or any books about autism?                                                                                                      How do you deal with people staring at you or tutting while you are trying to calm your child down and avoid being bitten, spat on or head butted?

Children
No Data