Going through ASD testing ATM

Hi there,

My name is Alison, I am mummy to Adam, who is 7 and is awaiting his ASD appointment, which we have been told takes up to ten months! Which is all very nice bhas these people   Probably have never had a child on the floor of a supermarket!!

I have come on here for any hints, tips or just a shoulder really, sometimes it all gets a bit on top of myself and my husband, while we know there is 'something wrong' not having that diagionis yet, we feel bad about asking for help.

Thanks Alison and andrew

Parents
  • Hi Alison and Andrew,

Welcome to the forums, and don't feel bad, about anything, let alone asking for help.

Unfortunately yes, getting a proper, full, diagnosis can take some time, and you should be aware that though a diagnosis will open doors to getting support, it still isn't going to be easy.

But, the good news is, you've come to the right place! There are both parents and, like myself, people on the spectrum here who are more than willing to offer advice on anything we can.

Oh, and people from the NAS who will be able to point you in the direction of any specific resources that might be of use.

• Hi Alison and Andrew,

Welcome to the forums, and don't feel bad, about anything, let alone asking for help.

Unfortunately yes, getting a proper, full, diagnosis can take some time, and you should be aware that though a diagnosis will open doors to getting support, it still isn't going to be easy.

But, the good news is, you've come to the right place! There are both parents and, like myself, people on the spectrum here who are more than willing to offer advice on anything we can.

Oh, and people from the NAS who will be able to point you in the direction of any specific resources that might be of use.

Children
No Data