Employment adult aspergers

My son is 27 . He needs help to find work .he is very intelligent. He has degree in history and politics .He has applied for so many  jobs   thanks

Parents
  • Hi, I am a 23 year old female nearly 24. And I am having so much trouble trying to find an apprenticeship/trainingship or part time job. A few years back I qualified for a level 3 childcare practitioner, I went for my first job and got it but after half a day I had a melt down and that’s how I ended up on the sick. I think I have been on the sick for 3 years now and have been browsing apprenticeships etc. However, I felt like I would enjoy my career with children anymore (yeah I know what a waste of three years of my life lol). I now looking to work with animals as they keep me happy and content. I have looked everywhere but there is nowhere. And if there is something, it is too far away (I don’t drive and rely on public transport)

I have been reading all the comments and I realise that other people just like myself are struggling too. I will look into the DEA as I have never heard of them, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips for me. I am VERY passionate about animals and I donate to the WWF monthly. I already tried volunteering but didn’t enjoy it as I was just with cats (and I have a cat at home). I couldn’t be with the dogs as they were abused dogs so your needed certain training. Apart from that I have no clue x

• There are some things you can access for advice such as:

• Prospects: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/ 

• National Careers Service: 

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/ (You can be allocated a Careers Adviser who may be able to help);

• Your local council might have a supported employment scheme for disabled applicants:

Hopefully, a local careers advisor can put you in the right direction (there is some much information out there that makes trying to find out what to do really confusing). 

Reply Children
No Data