Musicals!

Hello!!!!!

i an a 17 year old Aspie and absolutely love musicals like Les Miserables and Hairspray, but have no friends and can barely ever find people who are willing and interested in talking to me. Also, I find very few people who also share my passion for musicals and singing/loving them, which I do all the time! Haha! Are there any others out there?

Parents
  • When I was your age, my friends would laugh if I told them I liked musicals.  It just was not 'cool' 

But they are the ones who were missing out.  There is some very clever lyrics in a lot of muscials, and musicals cover all genres of music.

From my teens and twenties, the Who had written 'Tommy' and 'Quadrophoenia', Pink Floyd did 'The Wall' which was a musical in its stage and film forms,  Monty Python had made 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' which was turned into 'Spamalot', there was 'The Rocky Horror Show' and science fiction fans had Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds'.  

As a folk fan, there was Pete Bellamy's 'The Transports', and one of my favourite musicals of all time, The Beggars Opera, which is full of political satire.  And although not really musicals in the conventional sense, Ewan MacColl's Radio Ballads fit the bill, and I would recommend 'Singing the Fishing', 'The Travelling People' and 'The Big Hewer' as amongst the best musicals you could find anywhere (available on You Tube and Spotify).

Wald Disney cartoons have some very fine musicals amongst them, from Snow White to The Hunhback of Notre Dame.  And then there are the conventional musicals such as Oliver! and The Boy Friend (film version) which I like, together with 'Oh What a lovely War, a moving musical with the story set to the songs of the first world war.

Yes, I like musicals.  Have you ever considered joining an amateur theatre group?

• When I was your age, my friends would laugh if I told them I liked musicals.  It just was not 'cool' 

But they are the ones who were missing out.  There is some very clever lyrics in a lot of muscials, and musicals cover all genres of music.

From my teens and twenties, the Who had written 'Tommy' and 'Quadrophoenia', Pink Floyd did 'The Wall' which was a musical in its stage and film forms,  Monty Python had made 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' which was turned into 'Spamalot', there was 'The Rocky Horror Show' and science fiction fans had Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds'.  

As a folk fan, there was Pete Bellamy's 'The Transports', and one of my favourite musicals of all time, The Beggars Opera, which is full of political satire.  And although not really musicals in the conventional sense, Ewan MacColl's Radio Ballads fit the bill, and I would recommend 'Singing the Fishing', 'The Travelling People' and 'The Big Hewer' as amongst the best musicals you could find anywhere (available on You Tube and Spotify).

Wald Disney cartoons have some very fine musicals amongst them, from Snow White to The Hunhback of Notre Dame.  And then there are the conventional musicals such as Oliver! and The Boy Friend (film version) which I like, together with 'Oh What a lovely War, a moving musical with the story set to the songs of the first world war.

Yes, I like musicals.  Have you ever considered joining an amateur theatre group?

Children
No Data