Communication at university

In September, I'm going to be starting my BA degree course in illustration and animation and would appreciate some advice in speaking and communicating with new and different people.

I have almost finished my foundation year and i haven't really spoken any one, or made any new friends. I really liked the course and have accomplished many things in terms of education, but not in communication. I realise now making new friends in university is a lot harder than IIwas ecpecting, especiall in a new environment. Next year I want to have real and full filling conversations with new people with out making as many mistakes as I have done this year. Agian advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Parents
  • I wish I were in a position to offer constructive help but I'm afraid making friends isn't a skill of mine. Then again, I haven't been particularly motivated to practice it much so I guess the only advice I can give is that, if it's important to you, practice? Perhaps practice by striking up conversations or small-talk / chit-chat with people you know such as your regular bus driver, local shopkeeper, librarian, waitress, or other safe people like that and see what works and what you feel comfortable with?  

• I wish I were in a position to offer constructive help but I'm afraid making friends isn't a skill of mine. Then again, I haven't been particularly motivated to practice it much so I guess the only advice I can give is that, if it's important to you, practice? Perhaps practice by striking up conversations or small-talk / chit-chat with people you know such as your regular bus driver, local shopkeeper, librarian, waitress, or other safe people like that and see what works and what you feel comfortable with?  

Children
No Data