Wish me luck!

Well after several months and multiple doctors and consultants I am finally a week away from getting my diagnosis. Its actually quite a wierd feeling right now, part of me happy it will soon be over but part of me also worries that they might say I am not autistic.  Considering how many consultants I have seen, I very much doubt that is the case because they pretty much all said I am clearly have ASD.  Does anyone know of any coping methods I can do to lower my anxiety this week or do I just have to ride it out?!

Parents
  • Hi Voltaic.

The absence of a diagnosis doesn't change who you are. I suspect that you may well end up with a diagnosis of ASD. Diagnosis of ASD seems to be much harder to obtain than MH problems where they can change the diagnosis without the certainty they need for ASD given it's permanent, life long nature.

If there is a reasonable probability that you have ASD then I think that the prescription of your meds might need revision. People with ASD often don't respond to drugs like non-ASD people.

I wondered if your misunderstanding about what was going to happen today actually supports the idea that you have ASD. We often misunderstand other people, mis-communication is one of the central problems of ASD.  Also, I wonder if the doctor mistook your misunderstanding for the problems that they have prescribed the meds for.

Try and be patient with the process and be kind to yourself in the meantime.

• Hi Voltaic.

The absence of a diagnosis doesn't change who you are. I suspect that you may well end up with a diagnosis of ASD. Diagnosis of ASD seems to be much harder to obtain than MH problems where they can change the diagnosis without the certainty they need for ASD given it's permanent, life long nature.

If there is a reasonable probability that you have ASD then I think that the prescription of your meds might need revision. People with ASD often don't respond to drugs like non-ASD people.

I wondered if your misunderstanding about what was going to happen today actually supports the idea that you have ASD. We often misunderstand other people, mis-communication is one of the central problems of ASD.  Also, I wonder if the doctor mistook your misunderstanding for the problems that they have prescribed the meds for.

Try and be patient with the process and be kind to yourself in the meantime.

Children
No Data