hypersensitivity to noise

My 10 year old is very sensitive to noise, which can make working in a noisy classroom difficult, and today made a school trip to the panto very stressful for both of us - we had to leave.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to deal with this problem, which i fear is goin to be harder to cope with at secondary school?

Would earplugs help in places like the pantomime?

Parents
  • Some noise bothers me, but I am not as affected by it as some people with AS. Sensory issues are not the dominant issue with me. At the asperger group I attend, I do not like the noise of the heater. But I am not bothered by building work noise coming from outside. However, the same building work noise bothers me when I am in my own space at home, particularly when I am reading. Noise mainly bothers me when I am trying to concentrate on something. I cannot read with people talking around me, for example, and I can only read in my bedroom. I can't read silently without getting distracted, I have to whisper aloud the words.

• Some noise bothers me, but I am not as affected by it as some people with AS. Sensory issues are not the dominant issue with me. At the asperger group I attend, I do not like the noise of the heater. But I am not bothered by building work noise coming from outside. However, the same building work noise bothers me when I am in my own space at home, particularly when I am reading. Noise mainly bothers me when I am trying to concentrate on something. I cannot read with people talking around me, for example, and I can only read in my bedroom. I can't read silently without getting distracted, I have to whisper aloud the words.

Children
No Data