hypersensitivity to noise

My 10 year old is very sensitive to noise, which can make working in a noisy classroom difficult, and today made a school trip to the panto very stressful for both of us - we had to leave.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to deal with this problem, which i fear is goin to be harder to cope with at secondary school?

Would earplugs help in places like the pantomime?

Parents
  • and I experience all of the sensations at the same time.

So I avoid crowd situations and try to prevent or circumvent anything that may set off a sensory overload.

Also some sounds, e.g. bus brakes and emergency sirens, make me aggressive and I have to tell myself to relax, which takes a while before I can recover and continue on my way.

My parents felt that I should experience the world in the way that the world is/was (1950s) but with plenty of space and quiet areas.

Class sizes were always small and I did not have to cope with a large school until I went to Technical College at 15, which got me ready for my time in the army (12 years).

• and I experience all of the sensations at the same time.

So I avoid crowd situations and try to prevent or circumvent anything that may set off a sensory overload.

Also some sounds, e.g. bus brakes and emergency sirens, make me aggressive and I have to tell myself to relax, which takes a while before I can recover and continue on my way.

My parents felt that I should experience the world in the way that the world is/was (1950s) but with plenty of space and quiet areas.

Class sizes were always small and I did not have to cope with a large school until I went to Technical College at 15, which got me ready for my time in the army (12 years).

Children
No Data