hypersensitivity to noise

My 10 year old is very sensitive to noise, which can make working in a noisy classroom difficult, and today made a school trip to the panto very stressful for both of us - we had to leave.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to deal with this problem, which i fear is goin to be harder to cope with at secondary school?

Would earplugs help in places like the pantomime?

Parents
  • Ear plugs do it for me, I have the industrial ones with the soft plastic link lines, i knot them to fit i can hear conversation and shut things out as required, i can also get other information like how windy it is by the sounds that go down the line of the plug.

Like the gloves on a string thing, i dont loose them so much. £2.50 for 5 washable and squeese well small, very soft too. HSS tool hire chain.

I have lots of different types for different places i go and i have my carer carry spares. a real comfort blanket to goingout.

Try a few yourself so you can get some of the sensory information. This will enable ressurances and question challenges to be tailored and more accurate, to the experience variations that you have a true knowledge of.

Sound filtration is a skill that takes time and will depend on bags of variations too numerous to mention just now.

have fun with this one. if it gets posted have a look at the asd adult stuff i wrote about postnatal experience, it may help with asd perspective and empower you with an idea or two, good luck

• Ear plugs do it for me, I have the industrial ones with the soft plastic link lines, i knot them to fit i can hear conversation and shut things out as required, i can also get other information like how windy it is by the sounds that go down the line of the plug.

Like the gloves on a string thing, i dont loose them so much. £2.50 for 5 washable and squeese well small, very soft too. HSS tool hire chain.

I have lots of different types for different places i go and i have my carer carry spares. a real comfort blanket to goingout.

Try a few yourself so you can get some of the sensory information. This will enable ressurances and question challenges to be tailored and more accurate, to the experience variations that you have a true knowledge of.

Sound filtration is a skill that takes time and will depend on bags of variations too numerous to mention just now.

have fun with this one. if it gets posted have a look at the asd adult stuff i wrote about postnatal experience, it may help with asd perspective and empower you with an idea or two, good luck

Children
No Data