Autism and gastrointestinal (GI) disorders

I have been doing a lot of reading about this recently, and I am finding more and more that there are potentially significant links between people with autism and people who have gastrointestinal (GI) issues such as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). 

I am a 32 year old male. I have suffered from acid reflux my whole life due to being born with a hiatus hernia. I am medicated for it, and I have been told that I will always be on medication for it due to the severity of my condition. It gets worse with stress, sleeping in a different position, changes in diet... all sorts of things can trigger it to be worse.

Does anyone else, formally or self-diagnosed with autism, have any issues like this?

Parents
  • me too , i was diagnosed with aspergers back in 2018 and have had reoccuring stomach issues since 2017 , been back and fourth with doctors  reflux issues and stomach pains which have lead to multiple a&e visits , tests and and even a camera showed  no signs of anything severe  . 
    i have noticed when im stressed my symptoms flare up and vice versa

• Do you find anything that helps your symptoms when you are having a flare-up?

Reply Children
No Data